Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Week Four-Five

Oh, and the Pats are playing again. Sweet. Now if someone could only determine the time for Sox-Angels game 3 on Sunday, I'd be able to plan the rest of my weekend properly.

Since I last spoke about football (which ironically was delayed by my actually being in New England, complete with trip to Foxboro and a Troy Brown sighting!), what have we learned?

Defense only works when you tackle the guy with the ball.

Matt Cassel isn't going to lead a major 4th quarter comeback anytime soon.

So, now that I've had two weeks to dwell on the debacle that was the Dolphins game, I think I'm about back to where I was beforehand. The D needs to step up, special teams need to rock some big plays, and the offense needs to take care of the ball/clock/line of scrimmage.

So, against the Niners this Sunday - can we assume that per usual Belichik, the team will be more than ready to go? I sure hope so. SF only put up 17 against the Saints "Defense". They start a rookie QB. This better be in the W column by half. Of course, I thought that would happen against Miami.

So yeah, not much insight from me here. I'd like to see Maroney and Moss have some big gains, Cassel to get rid of the ball quickly and make a proper audible checkdown. And I'd like to not see 49ers tight ends running wide open across the middle of the field. Too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment