Thursday, February 19, 2009

Craptacular day

Well, I had plenty of things to do this morning, but mostly spent the time waiting for the NBA trade deadline to arrive. As everyone knows by now, this was a fantastic waste of time. I didn't expect the C's to do much (and they didn't), but figured that something interesting would happen. Oh well. At least none of the main competition (Cavs, Spurs, Lakers) did anything either. Rafer Alston doesn't scare me. The Andres Nocioni rumor was interesting, but would have gone against the logic of the non-resigning of James Posey.

So, now there's 10 more days for players to get bought out and signed to be eligible for the playoffs. The Celtics have two roster spots available, and could use bench players at the 1, 3, and 5. It would be nice if someone of the bench could put up reliable points. I've heard Joe Smith, Starbury, Mikki Moore, and Bobby Jackson mentioned. So, even if they get one or two of those, they will still be short a wing defender off the bench who can guard SFs. This will bite them in the ass against Cleveland, since LeBron will play 45 minutes a game, and if he can get Pierce into quick foul trouble, well...I guess we'll see what happens.

Anyways, that's how I'm feeling about the NBA right now, and that's far from profound. The real reason I posted, is that I wanted to share this photo I found in an online SI gallery of "Iconic Celtics Photos". Somehow, when they looked for the best 22 photos they had, they decided a picture of Gerald Green and his dog was one, and this iconic photo of the iconic Greg Kite holding an iconic shovel was another.

2 comments:

  1. This is the most amazing stat I've ever seen from someone who's been able to stay in the league for more than 10 years:

    "Kite retired in 1995 and holds career averages of 2.5 points and 3.8 rebounds per game."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't teach tall. Or that mustache.

    ReplyDelete